Friday 27 November 2009

Bad news for anyone hoping for a Beyonce ft.Camilla record



Camilla Parker Bowles (took a lot for me not to write bowels there) has spoken out against the 'glamorisation' of violence and sex in hip-hop videos, citing Beyonce's 'Video Phone' promo as a 'terrifying' example. Speaking of 'Yonce's latest offering (three and a half minutes of toy-gun-toting, hair flicking, Gaga-awkard-colloborational delight) and other videos within the genre the Dutchess said;
'I am sure they trigger a response within some of the young people, I can never understand how they get away with making those things.'
The Dutchess went on to discuss how today's teachers are 'too kind' on todays youth and how a 'breakdown in discipline' had taken it's effect on the nation.

I have to say I do agree slightly, when I saw 'Video Phone' I immediately wondered why Beyonce and Gaga where waving and pointing toy guns and the like around, it's not adding anything to the song or the video. And let's not forget the 'she's a rolemodel' argument which was rolled out again. What do you think!?






A x

No comments:

Post a Comment